Thursday, February 2, 2012

stashings and a bit of kinkade

Got more stuff from ebay :) boy is my stash growing this year.I also took a shopping trip this week.





I got my taxes in the other day so I decided to treat myself to some cross stitch goodness, so I went to hobby lobby and michaels and did a little shopping. I dont often go to michaels because they downsized their needlework section so much. I found a couple of cute patterns including a frog one. I think I want to do a small section of frogs for one of my walls. so far I've got 2 finished ones. and at michaels they had a few fabrics on sale so I got a 25 count linen for a cat pattern that I've been wanting to do.




one of the things I got at hobby lobby was the disney dreams collection "snow white discovers the cottage. the artwork was originally thomas kinkade and its really pretty. It'll be the first time I have worked a full coverage pattern.







of course I just had to start it even though I swore I wasn't going to start anything big till I finished at least one of my big WIPs. Only got a few stitches done, but still started it.

3 comments:

  1. Thomas Kinkade's paintings are used jor jigsaws which I love doing. I didn't realise you could get them in cross stitch patterns. It will be awesome and I look forward to seeing it grow.

    Wishing you a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hobby lobby carries quite a few thomas kinkade cross stitches, they are all part of the disney dreams collection. Thanks for the encouragement cause it'll be the most complex pattern I've done yet

      Delete
  2. hello dear, its me cucki from south africa..
    i am your new friend and follower too now..
    very lovely stash..
    wowwwww lovely TK stitchy project..it is really going to be fun stitching..
    keep well..
    love cucki xx

    ReplyDelete