Sunday, January 15, 2012

a day of mystical stitching

today was my day off and luckily my brand spanking new sunday baker only called me once. apparently when she turned on the oven she missed a step and couldnt figure out why the time wasnt working correctly when she put her first batch of bread in. The oven is easy to use and pretty much does everything for you but its complicated to turn on. Take 3 steps to turn it on to heat and it has to be heated and ready before the timer becomes usable. oh well shit does occasionally and luckily i only took me like 2 minutes to figure out the problem then I was back home and stitching for the rest of the day. I decided I needed a break from both my large and my small project so I picked up "mystical wizard" i only did a few stitches earlier this month but otherwise it was practially a fresh project for today and i got quite a bit done on it... picture below





this is the first time I've left threads hanging and I find that it actually lessens my waste of small threads. its a little difficult to get use to with the extra hanging but still kinda cool. and i used some white thread to grid it out because I always have trouble with black fabric, Often end up stiching large sections wrong and have to redo because i just cant get it to line up decently so hopefully gridding will help a little

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for signing up to follow my blog I look forward to sharing my needlework and life at Poldhu Cove with you.

    I like your background template on your blog.

    ReplyDelete